Tuesday, June 18, 2019

2019-20 Washington Wizards

2018-19: 32-50
Draft picks: 9

Signed for next season ($109.1m): John Wall, Bradley Beal, Jabari Parker (team option), Ian Mahinmi, Dwight Howard, Troy Brown
How does that all that cost $109m?
Wall is the most untradeable contract in the League right now, so if he's healthy then Wall will definitely be playing for no one but the Wizards next season.
Beal is a popular trade chip but I think they'd be pretty crazy to let him go unless they got a bomb return.
They could let go of Parker but they'd still need to replace him so I figure he'll play. (If they waive, does he join the Duke party in New Orleans?)
The time has finally arrived to stretch and discard Mahinmi (could they trade him for, say, Ryan Anderson for a waiving?).
Do they actually have Dwight Howard?
I don't know Brown, he needs to play though.


This summer's free agents: Trevor Ariza, Tomas Satoransky, San Dekker, Bobby Portis, Jeff Green, Thomas Bryant, Chasson Randle
Ariza could still command more money than the Wizards have to pay him, I see no way he returns to the Wizards.
They should probably bring back Portis and Satoransky--I'd re-sign Dekker, too, but I suspect they will not.
Does Jeff Green have another year of gettin' dem checks in him?
Bryant and Randle are probably young and cheap enough to be brought back.


Draft: I'm guessing Bruno Fernando (Maryland) is on their radar. Whoever they get here, they'll need him to play rotation minutes right away. Is Sekou Doumbouya (France) ready to play now? I can't see the Wizards spending a top ten pick on a guy that doesn't hit their roster right away.


Next year's lineup:
PG Wall, SG Beal, SF Parker....kinda ends there, doesn't it?
I dunno, man, I don't see how they even put a team together for next season! If they could figure out how to trade Mahinmi for an expiring contract, Beal for multiple draft picks, Wall for 10 players, and Dwight Howard for someone that isn't Dwight Howard, they'd be in business. Man, they've got so many moves to make that I just can't go any further. Yeah, I don't see how any of this works.

No comments: