Tuesday, June 18, 2019

2019-20 Dallas Mavericks

2018-19: 33-49
Draft pick: 39

Signed for next season ($44.7m): Tim Hardaway, Courtney Lee, Luka Doncic, Justin Jackson, Ryan Broekhoff, Jalen Brunson
Hardaway is still a pretty good wing scorer, that contract is a little rich but its not devastating when considering his production, which should be pretty good next season.
I always liked Lee, in this setting he's the old timer carrying on the mantle from Dirk, Devin and Barea. A soothing veteran presence.
Luka = A star, a bright shining star.
I can see Jackson being a reliable 10-15 minutes off the bench guy.
(I don't know Broekhoff)
I liked Brunson last year, I expect him to get more comfortable and contribute even more.


This summer's free agents: Dwight Powell (opted out), Kristaps Porzingis, Dirk Nowtizki, JJ Barea, Devin Harris, Trey Burke, Dorian Finney-Smith, Maxi Kleber, Kostas Antetokounpo
I think Powell will be getting a raise and be back in Mavs uni soon.
Porzingis, well, I mean, that's where it's at. KP and Luka, we want it and I'm ready for it now!
Nowtizki, Barea, Harris are off to the farm upstate where they can run and play basketball in our collective memories forever.
I don't see Burke coming back, I can see him catching on but probably not here.
I can see Finney-Smith, Kleber and Antetokounpo coming back as low-cost roster filler.


At #39 I'd keep the Euro vibe going with a guy like Adam Mokokoa (France) unless they love a guy like Kris Wilkes (UCLA).


Next year's lineup:
PG Luka, SG Hardaway, SF Porzingis, PF Finney-Smith, C Powell with Brunson, Lee, Jackson, Antentokounpo, Kleber off the bench.

They've got more moves to make and the room to do it. (I figured they'd take a run at Nikola Vucevic and how about Nikola Mirotic, too?)

No comments: