Tuesday, June 18, 2019

2019-20 LA Lakers

2018-19: 37-45
Draft picks: none (though technically I think they'll be making the #4 pick for the Pelicans)

Signed for next season ($66m): Lebron James, Anthony Davis, Moritz Wagner, Kyle Kuzma, Isaac Bonga
They finally got Anthony Davis! Now they just need 10 more guys and they'll be legal to play in the NBA next season.
Kyle Kuzma! Mo Wagner! Isaac Bonga! I know we're supposed to believe that Kuzma is a bright shining star (meh, he's not bad but I'm not in on the hype), but no one has even tried make Wagner and Bonga feel like they belong (jeez, what a brutal fucking work environment that place must be).


This summer's free agents: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Rajon Rondo, Mike Muscala, Lance Stephenson, Reggie Bullock, JaVale McGree, Tyson Chandler
First thought is that they'd be crazy to bring any of these guys back but given how little money they have to spend and how many spots they need to fill, I reckon a few of these guys will be back for the ring-chase. I can see bringing back Bullock. The rest is guaranteed to be a motley crew.


Next year's lineup:
PG Lebron, SG/SF/PF ?, C Davis.

I dunno, man, it's hard to say they won't be any good but they need so much more than just Lebron and AD that it's not obvious to me that this will succeed in the next year or two. I fully expect to see Isaiah Thomas, Carmelo Anthony, Trevor Ariza and maybe Paul Millsap or Austin Rivers here next year. (Though I wouldn't be surprised to see Lance Stephenson and Metta World Peace back next year. What kind of shape is Kurt Rambis in?)

No comments: