Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The #11 Pick

The Pacers hold the #11 pick. This past season the Pacers got 1000 minutes from 12 different players (none of whom were Paul George) but 2000 minutes out of only 1 player (Solomon Hill). The Pacers just missed the playoffs due to a coached-up rotation. I'm a believer in Coach Vogel and the nucleus of George, West and Hibbert. They could use some size off the bench but the Pacers have been offense-deficient recently and any scoring at all is a must. I thought PG Stuckey was the most underrated player in the league last year, not sure if the Pacers will be able to keep him at a reasonable price.

I think they'd love to grab either Cauley-Stein or Lyles but I think they'll both be gone. If the Pacers are set on getting size, they could reach for C Kaminsky but I think they'd be better off trying to get a big with the #43 pick (C Johnson and a coupla foreign bigs should be available in the 2nd round). SF Johnson will still be around, graded as a top ten pick by most but I think they'll take SF Oubre instead.  (Or: West and Hibbert opt out and the Pacers are in desperate need of size down low, in which case they may have to trade up to get a PF (but I don't think that happens))

No comments: