Monday, May 7, 2007

NBA playoffs, next round

Yeah, I should've done this yesterday but I was doing yard work over at grandma's house--you got a problem with that?

Pistons-Bulls: Bulls win 1 in Detroit, Pistons win 2 in Chicago. Pistons in 6

Cavs-Nets: The Nets have the veteran savvy, the Cavs of young spunkiness--stick with the home team for the first 6 games. Lebron is ready to win a game 7 but no one else on that squad is. Nets in 7.

Spurs-Suns: At the beginning of the playoffs I picked the Spurs to win it all (over the Pistons). But now I'm getting queasy. I haven't seen the Ginboli that I'm used to seeing and Finley is killer every 5th game or so but not consistent enough to be that third guy they need. Barbosa, Stoudamire are ready to bust out (though Bell, Diaw have been a little down this year), and keep an eye on Kurt Thomas. Suns in 7 (yeah, I know they lost game 1 at home, so what?).

Jazz-Warriors: Toughest call. Jazz won a gritty-gutty endurance type of series whereas the Warriors just pants-ed the defending conference champs. You'd think Golden State would be surging at just the right time, but I suspect they've already peaked and they don't have any special mojo over the Jazz. Jazz in 7.

No comments: