Thursday, May 31, 2007

NBA Conference Finals continue

I certainly wasn't surprised to see the Spurs whomp the Jazz last night and I wasn't surprised to see the Jazz players quickly demoralized. But I was surprised to see Jerry Sloane give up. In the 4th quarter when the game is long over and Parker, Ginobli, Duncan aren't even playing, why not leave Okur and Kirilenko in there? Those guys (depending on how you look at it) need to be punished for playing so horribly or else they need to be given a shot to work a little magic when the Spurs stars are out of the game.

Can you imagine if the Pistons pull an identity crisis like they did last year against the Heat and let the Cavs win? If you think a Spurs-Pistons final would be boring (which, incidentally, I do not), then get a load of Parker and Ginobli slicing through Cleveland. I'm way, way, way impressed by Lebron. I think he's been better than advertised--and that virtually never happens in America any more. And he's still just a kid! How can you bang on this guy when you consider that he's all alone in Cleveland? That team stinks, he's dragged them to the conference finals by himself and if you think he should've passed here or not passed there then you're missing the larger point that there's nobody else on that team.

As for my predictions, I still say the Pistons will win the next 2 games. And when I predicted the Jazz would win game 5, I was mistakenly thinking they were on a 2-3-2 rotation. Not an excuse as mistakes do no preclude incompetence, but just a clarification of my mistakenness.

No comments: