Monday, May 21, 2007

NBA Conference FInals

When the playoffs started my thought was Spurs-Pistons. I slipped over to the Suns at the beginning of that 2nd round series, I wasn't impressed with Ginobli, who has since come on like hurricane. And with a lot of help from the league office, the Spurs easily brushed the Suns aside. (Hey, the Suns got jobbed but these things happen, I ain't a conspiracy artist) I like Utah, they're spunky and they've got some real talent, they'll win games in this series, I'm not seeing a sweep. But the Spurs are cruising while the Jazz are trying to talk themselves into the notion that they belong in the Western Conference finals.

Spurs will win games 1, 2, 4, 6. They'll be in control all the way. Spurs in 6.

The Eastern Conference final looks pretty similar. The Pistons are the best team in the east and have been for 5 or 6 years straight now (yeah, I know the Heat won last year but that was because the Pistons lost not because the Heat won, get me?). The Cavs are Lebron James, Drew Gooden and a lot of organizational neglect. Varejao gives them Joakim Noah-like energy off the bench but no real skill. I'd like Ilgauskus better if he was coming off the bench--I don't think I even like anyone else that good. Man, the fact that these guys won 50 games just shows how poor the east is.

Pistons will win games 1, 2, 5, 6. It'll be 2-2 after 4 and it'll look like a series but the Pistons will clamp down at that point. Pistons in 6.

No comments: