Sunday, June 19, 2016

NBA Finals Game Seven

As of six games, the Cavs and Warriors have each scored 610 points...and yet none of the games was even close. Amazing. Warriors are a 5 point fave tonight and though each of the games has been decided by double digits, tonight's game is gonna be close, right? I mean this series has been fantastic, surely the last game will be one for the ages.

Tonight's game is a continuation of the thesis from the beginning: if Klay and Curry shoot the lights out, the Warriors will win comfortably; if not, the Cavs have a great chance to finish off the comeback.

Iguodala's got back spasms, Bogut is out, Curry has nagging injuries, Draymond is just nagging, Klay has yet to really have a good game, Barnes has been kinda terrible lately, Livingston needs to have a good game, Speight needs to score some points, I feel like Barbosa and Varejao have done more than their share and I can't see either of them doing much tonight.

Lebron's at his very best, Kyrie has shown the ability to score at will, Love is much maligned (but not that bad), Tristan has been a great physical presence and a monster on the boards, Smith has had moments but generally hasn't contributed much, Shumpert continues to un-impress me, Dellevadova has kinda disappeared, Frye needs to score some points tonight, Williams and Mozgov probably won't get much time tonight.

I thought the Warriors would win Game Five without Draymond. I thought the Warriors would find their shooting touch and win Game Six. Nope on both of those. Cavs are really rolling right now and the Warriors are scuffling. I still think the Warriors are the better team and at home I think Klay and Curry will score big points. I think Livingston will have an important role tonight, Speights needs to score off the bench. Iguodala has to suffer through but I don't see him being terribly effective on the offensive end.

Lebron will keep bringing it (though if he was better in Game Four, this might be over by now), Kyrie will overdo it, Smith will hit enough shots to be important, Tristan needs to get under Draymond's skin. For a surprise pivotal player, I'll go with Channing Frye: he had a few big games earlier in the playoffs but hasn't seen much of the floor in the Finals. I think he'll get some time tonight and if he's scoring buckets, he could spark the charge for the Cavs.

I'll go with the Warriors (-5). I've got no rooting interest, just a fan of the game. Man, I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: