Friday, June 3, 2016

Copa America

I've long been down on Coach Klinsmann but in recent USA friendlies I've seen more shape and what appears to be more of a cohesive strategy than USA has shown since Coach Bradley moved on. I feel like Coach Klinsmann is doing a good job developing American youth but I have yet to see it on the field. What I do see on the field is mostly a team that doesn't know what its doing or worse: a team that has no confidence going forward and only wants to pack the goal and play for extra time. No fun, not winning soccer, not building for the future.

But I expect a good result against Colombia tonight. Obviously a W would be great but a draw would be pretty great too. I'm a fan of Team USA--I'd be satisfied with a promising loss! Colombia is as good as they've been in a while, Costa Rica is probably better than I've ever seen them and Paraguay isn't gonna be a pushover. Group play is going to be a significant challenge.

I'm excited about Pulisic and Yedlin and Nagbe, the back line looks sturdy again and I suspect Clint Dempsey has one last good ass kickin' run left in him. I got faith, man. What else am I supposed to have?

No comments: