Saturday, January 5, 2019

2018-19 NFL Playoffs (1st Rd)

Saturday Games

Colts @ Texans (-1) (o/u 48)
Division game, ugh. Never know what could happen here. They each won at the other's home field this year, you know neither is afraid of the other. I think DeShaun Watson is in breakout mode, I'm seeing the Texan pass rush get to Andrew Luck, I'm seeing the Colts valiantly trying to pull it out...and coming up short. I'll say Texans 27-24 (Texans and the over)

Seahawks @ Cowboys (-2) (o/u 43)
Both of these teams surprised me this year: thought the Seahawks were dangerously on the way down and the Cowboys would just have a so-so year. Well, the Seahawks are one of the best teams in the game right now and the Cowboys have moxy and talent. This'll be a good one, I like Russell Wilson to be a monster but I also like Dak to steal it late. We'll see. I'll say Cowboys 21-17 (Cowboys and the under).


Sunday Games

Chargers @ Ravens (-3) (o/u 42)
These two just played a coupla weeks ago, the Ravens sneaking a W in LA (oops, I meant San Diego) got them into the post-season. The Chargers are better on the road anyway, so re-matching in Baltimore probably sounds good to them. Also, this wacky recent invention that is the Lamar Jackson offense is something the Chargers have seen before, along with that Raven pass defense. I think the Chargers are the better team, they're just fine on the road and they're ready for what the Ravens will throw at them. I like the Chargers 24-14 (Chargers and the under).

Eagles @ Bears (-6.5) (o/u 41)
This looks like a low-scoring match to me. The Bear defense is one of the fiercest of recent memory, while the Eagle defense is playing better lately, and I think both will have the advantage of the respective offenses. I like the Bears to rattle Foles, bottle up any running game and win the field position battle. I like the Bears 17-10 (Bears and the under).

No comments: