Tuesday, April 3, 2007

NL East foretold

(I did it all in the backwards order this morning, so read on to see my playoff picks, MVP's, etc)

Braves
I see no reason why the Braves will win this division. But until last year they kept winning despite what I thought was gonna happen. They've got many feisty youngsters and the pitching always manages to be good--and they're in a division of mediocrity. 94 wins.

Marlins
I see no reason why the Marlins will the NL wildcard. But why not? You don't have to pay a lot to make the playoffs. 89 wins.

Mets
Love the line-up, don't care for the pitching. Unlike the Yanks, who have more financial flexibility than they've had in a while, the Mets are leveraged like the runner-up in the country club 'ugly pants' contest. An injury here or there will sink them and New York loves a loser like LA loves a winner. 86 wins.

Phillies
Philly loves a loser even more than New York! Ryan Howard is the biggest, baddest thing that's come along since Eric Lindros and he'll be a bright spot. But the rest of the team will struggle all the way. 80 wins.

Nationals
I don't know anything about the Nationals except that they've got nobody I think much of. Bad scene, man. 62 wins.

No comments: