Monday, April 2, 2007

AL West forecast

A's
I'm also an A's fan, I've watched them consistently through the Billy Beane years and I've been impressed. And they usually get it done in the regular season. And the Angels usually don't. So I'll take the A's. 91 wins.

Angels
I'm not impressed with their pitching and since they got Vlad Guerrero, they have consistently passed on picking up the new pieces over the years. That leaves them hungry enough to overachieve from time to time but usually not enough to keep up with the competition. 89 wins.

Rangers
I like the Rangers: they score a lot of runs and they're fun to watch. And while they are moving in the right direction I don't think they keep up with the A's either. 89 wins.

Mariners
Dude, I told you signing Adrian Beltre and Richie Sexson a coupla years ago wasn't gonna work. Oh well. I tried, man, I tried to help you out. 75 wins.

No comments: