Tuesday, April 17, 2007

No curse here, man

ESPN is reporting that the cover boy of next year's John Madden Football will be Vince Young. Is his career doomed? Did he just drop 4 or 5 rounds in everybody's fantasy league draft? Barry Sanders, Eddie George, Ray Lewis, Daunte Culpepper, Marshall Faulk, Michael Vick, and Donovan McNabb all had injury-plagued sub-par years after being doused in John Madden's anointing oils (well, in fairness, Sanders retired and completely disappeared from the face of the earth), thus leading to the notion of a cover boy curse. This 'curse' is a bit dubious: uh, guys get hurt playing football all the time regardless of whether they've been on the cover of a video game or not.

And I say the curse ends here! I called it first! Young will be great next year and I say he even avoids injury. I'm not that high on the Titans next year (I'm 'shorting' Titans in market parlance), but I still think he has a productive year and carries them all the way to not making the playoffs. Wait a minute--would that still be considered a curse? You don't think the Titans are going to the playoffs, do you?

No comments: