Friday, January 12, 2007

Fearless NFL Picks

Baltimore (-3.5) Indy
At the beginning of the year I picked the Jags to win their division pushing Indy into the underdog role which would spur them to the Super Bowl. I'd love to stick by my early season prediction especially since it has (sort of) come true. But that Raven D can stop even Peyton Manning and they've got an offense that can score too. They look ready to win. I'll take the Ravens.

New Orleans (-4.5) Philly
Philly is one of the most underappreciated team of this year--and the last decade! They've won under tough circumstances and contrary to the 'choke' label they've erroneously received, they've only lost to good teams over the years. I think they're better than the much-improved Saints for now. I'll take Philly to win straight up.

Bears (-8.5) Seahawks
Coming into the playoffs I thought Seattle actually had the best chance to pull it all together and poke their way through an unspectacular NFC field. The Bears are good on D but they've had their troubles (14 4thQ points to Tampa Bay? Pushed to the limit by the Lions?) and though they manhandled Seattle earlier this year, I think that offense lets them down. I'll stick with Seahawks to win straight up in the big upset.

Chargers (-4.5) Patriots
This should be a great game. I'm not a frontrunner, to be honest I'm a bit of a hater on the good teams (I went to great lengths to convince my friends that the Shaq Lakers were the lamest team to ever win 3 straight--hey, I'm dedicated!). But I like the Pats. There's nothing overwhelming about them, they just figure out to beat everybody. Can they do it again? Tomlinson is the stud of the year but will Rivers hold up to the Belicheck onslaught? I think he can. I'll stick with the Chargers who murdered everybody all year long (hmmm, except the Ravens). Chargers and the points.

There you go. Future foretold. Sleep in.

No comments: