Monday, January 15, 2007

Blogging is better than gambling

I was 100% on my NFL picks, did you notice? I got all 4 wrong. I had it backwards, I had the road dogs in the NFC and the home faves in the AFC. This is why I don't gamble. I enjoy trying to predict the future but I'm smart enough to recognize that I'm not really very good at it (and have met very few people who are as good as they think they are). Save your money, get yourself a blog.

Pats-Colts reminds me a bit of the last World Cup final: Italy had always been hanging around but hadn't finished the Cup since 1982. France was the juggernaut in 1998 and returned to form in 2006 only to come up (one head butt) short. I think the Colts (Italy) get it done and finally flush the Pats (France), the old guys hanging around out of the system.

Flush them out? Well yeah. The Bills and Jets both made meaningful improvements this season and if the Dolphins can get a decent coach, it might spell the end of Belicheck's dominance in the AFC East. The Pats are getting rickety, they can still get it done but the have that Danny Glover in Lethal Weapon look about them (they did make 80 of those movies so maybe I'm being premature--but Chris Rock would be better at wideout that all the schlubs they got now!) The Colts, on the other hand will be back next year, no problem (like Italy).

The Colts the fave?

No comments: