Thursday, May 27, 2021

2020-21 NBA Playoffs (Round One after two games)

Sixers 2-0 Wizards. Yeah, not a shock. The Wizards do have offensive firepower but it ain't gonna be enough to win more than maybe one game. I like the Wizards to come up big in Game Three but that'll probably be it. I'll stick with Sixers in 5. 

Nets 2-0 Celtics. Yeah, the Celtics are spent. They don't even have a shot at taking a single game--they already played about as well as they can in Game One and got thoroughly smoked, so what else is there for them to do? They should just forfeit these next two games and move on--I don't see any reason to even play these games (except for contractual obligation obviously). I'll stick with Nets in 4. 

Bucks 2-0 Heat. The Heat are not as good as last year, not sure why, they're a nice team but no one on that roster has taken a step forward this season and they're trying to get too many minutes out of Ariza and Iguodala. The Bucks are looking pretty good, they have shored up their deficiencies from last year and have their sights on the Nets already, I'd say. I like the Heat to ball out hard in Game Three, but I like the Bucks to take Game Four in Miami and wrap it up at home. I'll stick with Bucks in 5.

Knicks 1-1 Hawks. Dog fight! Love it!  Game Two was a weird one: Knicks kinda sucked at everything, Julius Randle is not getting good looks, felt like the Hawks were rolling...and the Knicks won anyway. Yeah, that's what kind of series this is going to be: giant momentum swings...for no reason at all. Neither of these teams suck but neither of them are flat out winners, either, so each game--each quarter!--will flop around like this. I'd be kinda shocked if this doesn't go seven games. The longer it takes Randle to get going, the better chance the Hawks have of sneaking this in 6, but Randle won't stay silent forever. I'll stick Knicks in 7. 


Jazz 1-1 Grizzlies. I admired the Grizzlies spunk in Game One and they are clearly not afraid. I like Ja Morant, he can get to wherever he wants to get to...but I'm not yet convinced he knows what to do when he gets there. But with Donovan Mitchell back in the lineup, I think the Jazz control game play and I like them to get to work and finish off the Grizz. I'll say Jazz in 5. 

Suns 1-1 Lakers. Oh yeah, this is gonna be fun. The Lakers obviously have the two best players, but that's all they have and if Anthony Davis disappears like he did in Game One, then the Lakers absolutely do not have enough to beat the Suns. Compare this to the Suns, on the other hand, who get not much out of Chris Paul in Game Two--and still should've won! The Suns can still steal games without their best players, the Lakers cannot. This is going seven games because neither of these teams has enough to easily control the other. So far I'm more impressed with the Suns' moxy (and Deandre Ayton's ability to hang with AD) than I am with anything the Lakers have. I'll stick with Suns in 7.

Nuggets 1-1 Blazers. I like the Nuggets to take a game in Portland to even this series up. If the Nuggets had Jamal Murray, I think they'd be up 2-0 but without him the Blazers have a shot. This is going seven, this is going to be a free-for-all shootout and I'm merely sticking with the home team. I got Nuggets in 7. 

Clippers 0-2 Mavs. Uh oh! This is the nightmare scenario for the Clippers, they're in real trouble and heads are going to roll. Dude, you could see it in Game Two: Kawhi and PG balled out and they still got smoked. Luka controls the game as well as anyone right now and the Clippers have no answer for it. Man, if the Mavs sweep the Clippers...oh....man...that's gonna be bad. Can the Clippers get back in this series? I don't see how. I gotta go Mavs in 4.

No comments: