Monday, February 19, 2007

Only 364 more days until the next NASCAR Super Bowl

What a finish! I thought Martin had it. I had my eye on Busch and didn't even see Harvick coming til he was already in the lead. They jostled back and forth, it looked to me like Martin was just ahead when the crash behind them occurred. Personally I thought it was a good no-call, Harvick is the uncontroversial champion. Daytona 500 results

I had Tony Stewart and though he was 2nd in laps led and by all accounts had the fastest car, he was dead last. Hey, man, if you ain't first you're last. He's a tenacious man, I expect he'll be there at the end of the year.

In football and baseball I always expect the 'contract year' guys to have good seasons. Little E is into the last year of his deal and the negotiations are just getting started (and apparently Little E's crew chief ready to bolt). So clearly I think he'll bounce back from a tight car and a disappointing Daytona and have a strong year.

I thought Jimmie Johnson never looked in control of his car. He's too good to suffer that too long.

No comments: