Sunday, February 4, 2007

I'm thinking both

Indianapolis -7
Chicago 49.5o

I waited til the last moment to make my Super Bowl pick because I wanted to get a sense of the weather forecast. Rain all morning, day and evening, high '60's around game time. In a dome, I'd take the Colts hands down. But the sloppy elements favor the Bears as we saw 2 weeks ago: the Saints couldn't get a handle on the ball and it doomed them from the gitty. However, I think slop favors the D and the Bears get bit just as much by that as the Colts.

The only clear advantage that I see for the Bears is special teams, they'll get near mid-field starting position pretty consistently I think. I haven't been impressed with the Bears passing (except Berrian) or running games. I think they're both pretty mediocre actually. And again the elements don't do their long passing game, Rex's strength, any favors.

I think the Colts will struggle at first but if they avoid turnovers, they'll get it going and blaze through the second half. If the Colts D gets turnovers, they'll cover easily.

I like the Bears to be up at halftime and to cover the spread, but I'll take the Colts to win straight up, 27-23. Bears and the under.

No comments: