Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Red Sox 6-4 Indians

I loved the way my Indians played last night. Except for Joe Borowski. They looked strong frustrating Jon Lester and Jake Westbrook did well into the 6th. Hafner got big hits, Martinez was clutch, Sizemore was strong on D and Cabrera and Blake had critical at-bats. Then came Borowski and he very quickly, very assuredly unraveled it all. Man, my Tribe needs a new closer. I'd be up for grabbing David Riske back from the Brewers but apparently they're closer needs are not being satisfied by Eric Gagne.

Oh and how the hell did the Red Wings blow game 3? I watched some of the 1st period and quite a bit of the 2nd and 3rd and Nashville exhibited absolutely no attack at all while I was watching. The Red Wings weren't playing classic hockey but they wree getting it done. Perhaps they got lulled to sleep by the obviously inferoir Predators. Somehow they beat Hasek for 2 goals in 9 seconds and added an empty netter to cake walk into game 4. WTF?

No comments: