Thursday, April 3, 2008

NIT Picking

Ohio State -3.5 UMass

In the NIT semi-finals, Ohio State easily handled Ole Miss while UMass brushed aside Florida. This actually looks like an interesting match-up. I still don't know much about these teams but I'll go with UMass to win straight up.

The buzz is that UMass's Travis Ford will be rolled out as LSU's new coach on Friday. With Western Kentucky's Darrin Horn (name dropper alert, a high school classmate of mine) heading to South Carolina the SEC will be infused with some new blood. Unfortunately for those guys, I think they're on the wrong side of big time basketball. Darrin, buddy, South Carolina is a graveyard, smack dab in the middle of the fiercest of SEC and ACC recruiting battles simultaneously; man, I thought Marquette would've been a better fit. As for LSU, its a football school and basketball over the years has been dedicated to zinging Kentucky every once in a while, I just don't see the upside. (Incidentally I thought the LSU job was ideal for Bobby Knight--he could've zinged Kentucky with some gusto and maybe built something interesting there but he seems to have found a home at ESPN)

No comments: