Thursday, July 4, 2024

2024 Copa America (Quarterfinals)

Argentina - Ecuador

I've been impressed with Ecuador, they hold well in the midfield, not intimidated on defense and they've got real scoring punch up front. Argentina is arguably the favorite from here, but I think Ecuador makes them work. I'll go with Argentina, but I can see this going to Extra Time, possibly PKs.

Venezuela - Canada

Canada is lucky to be here, while Venezuela has been murdering people. I expect this one to be over by halftime, Venezuela should win rather easily. 

Uruguay - Brazil

Ohhhhhhh, this'll be a good one. Brazil still looks so fluid in possession, but hasn't looked all that great at goal scoring. Uruguay is downright feisty, won't be afraid of Brazil at all and can definitely hang at both ends. I'll go with Uruguay.

Colombia - Panama

Well, Panama isn't that great, they just found the sweet spot of USA's weakness. As for Colombia, they look pretty damn good and I think they're gonna destroy Panama.

No comments: