Friday, June 28, 2024

2024 Euro Soccer (Round of 16)

Switzerland - Italy

You wanna say that Italy is the better team, but I dunno, Switzerland has some decent shot creators up front and while Italy is a nice team, they haven't blown me away. This one's a tossup, I'll go with Italy.

Germany - Denmark

Denmark is fine, Germany is my fave to win the whole tourney. I'm going Germany.

England - Slovakia

England has more talent and should be the better team side, but Slovakia is wily, sturdy in the back, this is a tossup.  I'll take England (in PKs).

Spain - Georgia

Spain is second only to Germany, Georgia is probably the 16th best team remaining. Gotta go with Spain.

France - Belgium

Interesting match. France strikes me as not as good as they should be, Belgium has felt that way to me for a while now. France is probably the better team and the more grounded team, but Belgium still has a ton of talent and can score goals. This feels like PKs, so I'll go with Belgium.

Portugal - Slovenia

Portugal looked so much better than everyone else in their group that it's actually hard to tell how good they are. Slovenia is fine but Portugal should take them.

Romania - Netherlands

Two pretty good teams, I feel like the Netherlands is bringing more goal scoring, gotta go Netherlands. 

Austria - Turkey

I kinda like Austria, whereas I thought Turkey got further on luck than on skill. Gotta go with Netherlands. 

No comments: