Sunday, April 20, 2014

Playoff Prediction: Pacers over Hawks in 7

Update 4.27.14 -- This series is so-far-so-good.  I thought the Pacers would struggle because, well, they are struggling.  I assumed that by Game Seven the light would go on and they would realize that they are more talented than the Hawks, they are better than the Hawks and they deserve move on in the playoffs more than the Hawks do.  I did not think the realization would come right away--hell, I thought maybe they could beat the Hawks without even making that realization--so I'm not surprised the series is tied after 4 games.  The Pacers are like that drunk friend that you love but is getting too out of control to still be friends with.  The only solution is a smack in the face, a wake-up call, and I'd like to think the Pacers have enough talent and enough sense to see the light, overcome their losing ways and get back to the elite where they belong.  We'll see.  I guess I still think that they will snap out of it but the Hawks don't suck, man.  When Teague is in prime wheelin' and dealin' mode, he's fun to watch and Paul Millsapp is one of the great underappreciated players in the league right now.  The Pacers are in a dangerous place right now and I'd rather see them get their act together than hold their hand through rehab.

 

No comments: