Monday, August 27, 2007

FIBA Americas Update

I haven't watched much because while the highlights have been well-hyped, the games themselves have been at awkward and inaccessible times. I think we all know that when the Americans put their minds to it, they are hands-down the best. But, like Brazil in soccer, their minds don't often match their talent. This time around though it appears that USA has dedicated themselves to being better than everyone else and hopefully that will get it done at Beijing 2008. For now USA still has to win 2 more games to guarantee themselves a ticket to China.

Monday, Aug. 27
URU vs CAN 12:30
ARG vs VEN 15:00
BRA vs PUR 17:30
USA vs MEX 20:00

Uruguay has gutted out 3 wins but I'll take Canada. Argentina left their stars at home but are still expected to finish 2nd, I'll take Argentina over Venezuela. Peru is one of the countries that traditionally pesters Brazil in soccer, but in b-ball, I'll take Brazil. I'm a little surprised how well Mexico has done, not known for being a hotbed of b-ball talent, stick with the USA.

No comments: