Friday, March 23, 2007

Tonight's tilt

Plucky Butler is really the only Cinderella left (I know UNLV is #7 seed and they haven’t been good in years, but they have won a championship before so they're not that Cinderella-ific), but I give them little chance against Florida tonight. Yes, the Gators have been a bit sluggish lately (the last month or so really), and if they start slow tonight then Butler might see an opportunity to at least hang around. But I don't see that happening. Florida will be up big by halftime and they will roll at the end. I'll take Florida (10.5) and the over (124.5).

I have Vandy beating G-town in my bracket, my one hope of getting back into my brackets after losing Wisconsin and Pitt. Vandy has underrated guards with good basketball sense. They won't turn it over and if they're hitting, they'll score plenty of points. G-town's strength is down inside but if Vandy can keep the game on the perimeter they can win. Take Vandy (+7) to win and the under (131).

UNLV and Oregon are 2 teams I know absolutely nothing about, nor did have I either of them making it this far. I'm guessing both teams play no D and score a ton of points. I'll stick with UNLV (+2.5) to win and the over.

North Carolina is good but USC's guards actually match up pretty well outside. I like the Tarheels to pull out the win but I'll take the Trojans to keep it interesting. USC (+8.5) to cover and the under.

You've still got a coupla hours to call your bookie. Go!

No comments: