Friday, September 23, 2022

2022-23 NFL (Week 2)

Games I saw (some of):

Chargers 24-27 Chiefs

Hmmmmmm....can't help noticing that the Chargers were really the better team and only a fluke 100 yard pick 6 made the difference. The Chiefs are the same ol' Chiefs: they can go off at a moment's notice but they'll spin their wheels every once in a while, too. As for the Chargers, man, Justin Herbert looked like 10 miles of bad road by the end of this match, they better hope he comes back next week. 

Bucs 20-10 Saints

Weird game. Deadly even til a big brawl breaks out late in the 3rd quarter, from then on New Orleans went nowhere but backwards and couldn't get stops and the Bucs piled it on. If this game lasted another 15 minutes, Bucs would've won by 30. I want to believe in Jameis Winston (yeah, I'm still in on Jameis), but three bad interceptions were not a good look here. Saints better hope that Jameis got that out of his system.

Pats 17-14 Steelers

Boring game. The Pats never felt dangerous and yet never felt like they'd lose. Two bad teams slogging around, not much fun to watch, actually. The Steelers play with pride (well, on defense they do) but they're not a goo team. The Pats are wallowing with a mediocre roster after years of bad drafts and weird free agency sessions; this team doesn't know what it is (but I can't help thinking that it is a 4th place in the AFC East kinda team).

Bengals 17-20 Cowboys

Weird game, man. Felt like the Bengals couldn't have played worse, didn't move the ball, didn't look dangerous, the Cowboys D-line lived in the Bengal backfield. And yet, still felt like the Bengals were gonna win. I think the Cowboys D is for real (not at all sure about their offense (w/or w/out Dak)) and though the Bengals are 0-2, I can't help thinking when they stop playing themselves out of game, they'll go on a major winning spree. As for the Cowboys, they'll be in games all year long, not sure how many they're actually gonna win, though.

Bears 10-27 Packers

The Bears are not good (I still like Fields but it'll take him a while to have any success), the Packers are just kinda warming up. It might be another year of overrating the Packers or this could be a veteran team just playing the league like a violin. We'll see. 

Vikings 7-24 Eagles

I dunno, man, classic Cousins: offense started bad, stayed bad. Eagles just grinded along, Vikings just never got going. I think both teams are good, Eagles came to play, Vikings did not. 

Titans 7-41 Bills

Ahhhhh, another week, another big ol' thumping from the Bills. They're still playing sloppy, too, they can tighten up a lot and really throttle teams. I'm not saying they're unbeatable, but I think their best game beats everyone else's best game. As for the Titans, well they overachieved last year and I do not anticipate they will do that again. 


The rest of the slate:

Jets 31-30 Browns. Up by 13 under two minutes and the Browns gacked it away. Unbelievable. 

Commanders 27-36 Lions. The Lions are going to beat bad teams. The Lions are mediocre but they're a rising mediocre, which suggests they'll have a some nice games throughout the season. The Commanders...are just plain ol' mediocre.

Panthers 16-19 Giants. NYG getting it done! I don't see the Giants sustaining this, I think they've caught some early season magic, I just can't imagine they'll be in the mix by the end. Panthers I don't have a fix on just yet. 

Colts 0-24 Jags. Colts suck, man. The Jags are on the rise but this is a division game and the Jags have the Colts' number at the moment. I had the Jags winning this division (at 8-9) and I think I'm still on track.

Dolphins 42-38 Ravens. Crazy game! Ravens seemed to have it wrapped up, Dolphins went nuts in the 4th quarter, shocking win. I love football.  

Falcons 27-31 Rams. The Rams are better but they're also capable of mailing it in. This week were lucky enough to hang on to the win.  

Seahawks 7-27 Niners. The Seahawks are spunky but woefully outmanned. 

Texans 9-16 Broncos. Still  waiting for the Russel Wilson magic to kick in, we'll see. The Texans are spunky but too green (I like them to steal some wins along the way). 

Cards 29-23 (OT) Raiders. Crazy game! Raiders played confidently on both sides for three quarters. Then when it was time for Kyler Murray to take over, man, he took over. When Kyler is being Kyler I don't recall anyone that could keep plays alive like he does (Johnny Manziel in NCAA, Fran Tarkenton, maybe). But I still think the Cards kinda suck an the Raiders strike me as the kinda team that is pretty goo but won't finish out the W's. 

No comments: