Tuesday, October 23, 2018

2018 World Series

I can't help thinking that the Astros were better than the Red Sox but the Red Sox bullpen held up, they got timely hitting and it felt like they got every lucky break and finished off the Astros pretty quick. Likewise, I can't help thinking that the Brewers were better than the Dodgers. But their overuse of the bullpen doomed them once Game Four went to 14 innings (or whatever), you just knew it was over the Brewers right then. It may sound like sour grapes to complain about the winners but 1) I have no rooting interest here (I'm an Indians man, myself) and 2) it's not uncommon for the lesser team to win (check out the World Series from 1987-1997, hard to say the best team won most of those matches).

I think the Red Sox home field advantage will be too much for the Dodgers to keep up with. They both have good lineups, decent starting pitching and so-so bullpens, the only real difference I see is Fenway vs. Dodger Stadium. Fenway is a weird place and it'll be freezing cold there whereas Dodger Stadium is a colossal place where cool breezes will warm the visitors as well as the home team. Otherwise they strike me as pretty similar squads (I think Sox defense and lineup are slightly deeper). I'll take Red Sox in 6.

No comments: