Tuesday, October 21, 2014

NBA: League Pass Power Rankings (pre-season) (part 1)

Lowe and Simmons have a piece up currently about their League Pass rankings.  While I didn't particularly agree with their choices, I thought it a good idea to organize one's precious basketball watching time.  I don't have a favorite team, I grew watching college b-ball (go Cats!).  So I arrive relatively unbiased and rather than sucking up to one team like a groveling hooligan, I come to League Pass wanting only to see the finest basketball on the planet come playoff time.  I also want to see who develops, which rosters come together, which players take a leap forward, which coaches get a better handle on the game which general managers make the smartest/luckiest moves within their organization.  I want to find the next as much as I want to study the now.  I don't want to watch the winners over and over or just the big stars.  I'm more into the up-and-comers and the supporting players anyway.  That means watching a lot of provincial basketball.  I'm down for that.

So here's a League Pass Power Ranking by conference.  I'm not suggesting which teams are best and worst just which are most entertaining to me right now.  I'll update this ranking the first week of every month.  

East
Bucks, Magic, Raptors, Cavs, Wizards, Hawks, Hornets, Pistons, Heat, Bulls, Knicks, Pacers, Nets, Celtics, Sixers

West
Suns, Pelicans, T-Wolves, Thunder, Mavs, Warriors, Jazz, Spurs, Kings, Nuggets, Clippers, Blazers, Grizzlies, Rockets, Lakers

I'll find new teams to fall into but for not I'll stick with last year's favorite, the Suns.  Wonder how long they stay in my top spot.

No comments: