Monday, September 30, 2019

2019 MLB Post-Season

First off, as a Cleveland Indians fan it was a weird season. This team overcame a lot and yet still seemed disappointing; then again, 93 W's and overcoming a lot of big injuries is impressive, but getting swept by the Mets, Rays and Nats down the stretch is kinda unforgivable. I dunno, tough season, I love these guys, looking forward to where they go from here. (I'm not the MLB nerd I used to be so I have no idea what to expect, though I figure the Twins will be better next year, so struggling for a Wild Card slot is probably in the cards for the Indians again)

My gut is the Astros are the best team in the AL and the Dodgers are the best team in the NL but that doesn't necessarily play out that way in the playoffs. Since I only watched the Indians and don't much keep up with the other teams, I'm not sure where to go from here. I still don't understand why the Cubs haven't dominated (or at least been neck-and-neck with the Dodgers) for the last few years--and now they're firing Joe Madden? I don't get it, they look perfectly designed from top to bottom to kick ass.

I'll take the Brewers over the Nats on Tuesday and the A's over the Rays on Wednesday. Then I'll take the Braves over the Cards and the Dodgers over the Brewers. I'll take the Astros over the A's and (my one upset) I'll go Twins over Yankees (just feel like the Twins have more balance and lower expectations).

Then I'll take the Astros over the Twins in 6 and Dodgers over the Braves in 6 because the Astros and Dodgers are just superior squads (not that that always wins in baseball).

I had the Astros over the Cubs in my pre-season prognostication, so I gotta stick with Astros over Dodgers in 7. That match made for a great Series a coupla years ago, feels like it should make for another good one. I'd rather be watching the Indians but I'll be watching these games, a lot of interesting matchups there.

No comments: