Sunday, June 15, 2014

NBA Finals (cont)

I had the Spurs in 5, game 5 is tonight, thought I'd take one last chance to screw this up before I get it right.  The basic recap so far: Game 1 was all about Lebron's cramps, Game 2 was all about Lebron's overwhelming efficiency, Game 3 was about the Spurs hitting every shot of the night, Game 4 was about the Heat not rising to the occasion.  Game 5 will be about...?

The Heat will show up tonight, I'm certain of that.  Lebron and Bosh need to be perfect and the rest of the gang needs to show up, be efficient and figure out how to stop Kawhi Leonard.  Then they need to do it again back in Miami and then do it one more time in San Antonio.  Can this Heat come back from 3-1?  No, I'm not seeing it.  Frankly Dwyane Wade takes up too much space, he still wants star treatment when he's really only a star about every fifth game and the rest of the supporting cast just doesn't have it in them to pick up the slack.  Worth recalling again that the Heat have not had to work all year--all year they cruised!  But now their backs are against the wall and its too late to think they'll figure it out.

I'll take the Spurs to finish it off tonight.  And if the Heat do pull it out, I'm inclined to take the Spurs back in Miami.





No comments: